The new Fix Your Bike voucher scheme was introduced today, with 50,000 vouchers being issued. Naturally the website crashed straight away, but they’ll be rolling out more soon and of course we are a registered shop with the scheme. So what’s it all about?
|If you get a voucher, it’ll look a bit like this:|
You get your voucher from: http://fixyourbikevoucherscheme.est.org.uk/
Simply, you can get £50 towards the cost of repairs. The scheme is aimed especially at getting old bikes back into use, not upgrading your £5000 bike! The site is pretty self explanatory; the rules are:
The repairs must be necessary to make cycles roadworthy and fit for purpose, this may include:
– Repair or replace tyres, tubes, wheels and related components
– Adjust, repair or replace braking system components
– Adjust, repair or replace transmission system components.
– Repair or replace other essential components which prevent safe use of the cycle e.g. deteriorated grips or saddle
– Repair or replacement of components for permanently fitted lighting systems
Repairs which are NOT eligible:
– replacement or upgrade of existing safe and roadworthy components
– replacement or repair of removable lighting accessories
What we have to do:
If you get a voucher, please bring it along and our instructions from the Government are to:
Enter the cyclist’s voucher code:
Check cyclist’s identification which must include proof of address and must match the voucher registration details.
Accepted forms of customer identification are either:
a valid driving licence photo card with address, or another form of photographic identification either:
– National identity card (non-UK),
– Residence permit plus one of the following, less than 3 months old, paper or electronic: – utility bill, – council tax bill, – mortgage statement, – council/housing association rent card, – benefit book.
Check the cycle and repair needed are Eligible Repairs
Take photos of the bike before and after, evidencing the work done; and upload these against your voucher as well as the receipt.
A few things to note:
£50 is the amount of your voucher, not the total for the work – it might be more, depending on your bike
There are no refunds if it’s less than £50
Please read the conditions above – no upgrades, only work to fix your bike and get you going – this isn’t a voucher for £50 off of anything!